How to Write a CV
The main point of a CV (also called a Resume) is to let your future employers know a few key things about yourself.
Be sure to include important details like:
- You full name
- How to Contact you (mobile number, address, email)
- Your education and qualifications
- Your employment history – where you worked, for how long, and what you did there
- A list of your skills and strengths
Other things that are good to include are:
- References from previous employers (eg: a supervisor or manager) – usually a phone number will do
- A brief 2-3 sentence personal profile explaining your career goals – eg: which industry you want to work at, whether you want to pursue a formal qualification etc.
Do you need a Cover Letter?
This is entirely optional – you don’t have to include a Cover Letter in your application if you don’t want to!
A Cover Letter is a one-page document which gives you the chance to tell the employer more about your personal history or circumstances. What you include in it is entirely up to you, most people take the opportunity to write more details about their work history and experiences which may not have fit in their CV.
Acing your Interview
Doing well at an interview is not hard. just follow a few simple steps, and you’ll be ready for your job hunt!
- Be presentable, and put on a clean set of clothes
- Show up on time
- Be prepared to talk about your work history
- Be frank about your expectations and what kind of work you’re looking for
It’s important to bring with you a few documents when you come, like:
- An ID, ideally a passport or driver’s license.
- Your IRD number
- Your bank account details
- References from previous employers/community members.
Ready to connect ?
Our expertise helps build great teams for your next project. We help you find the next star your team is looking for.
We help candidates connect with their future employers. Register with us to get connected to your next employer.
Phone: +64 9 3205 860
Fax: +64 9 3550 580
Email: [email protected]
Office: ANZ Centre, 23-29 Albert Street, Auckland 1010